Job Description – Executive Director
The Executive Director reports to and is accountable to the Board of Directors. The job of the Executive Director is to provide overall leadership to the affiliate’s staff and volunteers in accordance with its mission, policies and goals. Through efficient and effective leadership and management in the areas of finance, operations and administration, the Executive Director must continually work to assure the affiliate’s viability, promote its mission, and earn its positive reputation in the community.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The executive director must have knowledge and skills with a high aptitude in the following areas:
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to create long-term vision and provide leadership to the affiliate
- Public Relations
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and processes, including grant proposal writing, donor solicitation, and event planning
- Knowledge of mortgage underwriting and administration procedures
- Competent with e-mail, Internet search, and commercially viable text and spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping to oversee the bookkeeping function and financial affairs of the affiliate.
- Designs, recommends, and implements financial, operational and administrative programs;
- Proactively establishes relationships for all types of funding opportunities and at all levels of funding;
- Provides execution of all grant and contract performance requirements;
- Facilitates mortgage closings;
- Assists Board Chair in setting the agenda for Board meetings, attends all Board meetings and provides reports of all affiliate activities to the Board as requested;
- Serves as key ambassador for the organization, developing and maintaining positive relationships throughout the community;
- Performs screening, hiring and termination of staff;
- Provides overall direction for the training, guidance and supervision of staff, interns, and volunteers;
- Administers and manages daily office operations;
- Insures the affiliate policies are carried out as directed;
- Supports the activities of all committees;
- Ensures follow-up on Board requests or concerns and reports back to Board.
Interested parties should letter of interest to: POB 2827, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147, or contact